I Don't Hate Anyone. I'm Just Indifferent.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy February - I have H20 on the knee

So...I start the week out with a round fluid thingy on my knee that has gotten progressively worse the last 2 weeks.

It's stating to bother me just because I never had a round fluid thingy on my knee before and my knee is kind of stiff.

So I Google it of course, and I see I have fluid or an 'effusion' on my knee.  I call the medical clinic (I'm retired military and use Tricare for insurance)  (BTW - it's not free for all you Democrats, but it damn well should be)

I lucked out (?) & got an appointment for 3:20 PM today; I show up at 3:00 PM , wait until 4:00 PM to be seen & the 1st question by the corpsman is why are you here?  Blah, Blah - I got a round thingy on my knee.

Do you smoke?  Do you drink?  Do you have sex with Monkeys?  Is that grey streak real?   HELLLO - yes to all of the above, but I have a round thingy on my friggin' knee.  Okay time to take your temp & blood pressure.  I'm freaking out as usual when they put that cuff on my arm.  I'm a classic case of  'white coat' high blood pressure, so I'm sure it's going to be high.  Plus, the dude just asked me about my monkey sex.  Sheesh...
puff,puff, puff, goes the arm thingy, it actually hurts it's squeezing so hard....He laughs and says "We need to do this again"...I'm not surprised.  I try my best to be calm, think of Hawaiian islands and pakalolo, and my blood pressure is  143/83. 

Stay tuned for the rest of this story, but it evolves into clubbed nails & a brand new USN LCDR Nurse Practitioner that the X-ray technician didn't know even worked there....

No comments:

Post a Comment